Top 4 VPNs in 2021 (100% ANONYMOUS)May 12, 2021
Cloud computing is no longer a new concept for entrepreneurs and more and more organizations see it as a technology that will help them be competitive and more efficient. According to a study conducted by Statista, by the end of this year, 90% of global data traffic will be achieved through applications in the Cloud. It is obvious that organizations are facing the management of massive amounts of data, and a migration of business applications in the Cloud will contribute to improving productivity and labor flexibility.
Before we delve into the steps you need to follow in the migration plan of your applications in the Cloud, let’s define what an on-prem application and an application delivered from the Cloud mean.
On-prem applications – are applications managed and installed by a company on its own IT infrastructure and servers. They use the company’s resources and require operating licenses, purchased directly from the supplier.
Cloud applications – are located in a remote Data Center and operated by an infrastructure service provider.
The challenges you face and what impact they have on the organization:
Specific problems and needs:
– Fast and efficient implementation and scaling of critical software applications;
– Increasing the availability and performance of applications;
– Reducing the time spent in negotiations with technology partners;
– Reducing the resources allocated to ensure the security of the infrastructure and the necessary technical support 24/7;
– Decreasing the costs generated by equipment maintenance;
– Increasing productivity at the company level.
– Impact on the business:
– Impact on the company’s profitability;
– Low productivity and efficiency of employees who use applications prone to interruptions;
– Additional budget for IT;
– Difficulties in using existing IT equipment;
– The risk of losing essential data and information for the company;
– High costs generated by the acquisition and administration of IT infrastructure.
– To ensure that your applications run smoothly and that your company’s essential data and information is secure, migrate your applications to the Cloud to increase infrastructure agility, application performance, and productivity.
Here are 3 simple steps to keep in mind when making your migration decision:
1. Analysis stage – is the most important stage in the process in which, together with decision makers, the benefits of migration and the impact on the business, the applications to be migrated and their order are established.
2. Strategy – includes the detailed plan and implementation. Clearly defining the processes from the beginning will help you limit the risks and save time.
Implementation – includes the effective migration of applications in the Cloud, being the most complex stage in the process. In turn, this step includes a series of steps that you need to consider in order to have a hassle-free migration.
Make sure everyone involved in the applications to be migrated is involved – it is important to make sure that critical operations are not interrupted due to the migration process.
Migrate applications in stages – users will be able to enjoy the benefits of using applications in the Cloud as they are migrated.
3. Choose a top provider – migrating applications to the Cloud can be perceived as an overwhelming process for companies that do not have experience with this type of move. Therefore, it is necessary to choose a provider that offers the services and consulting you need to make the transition easy for both the company and the employees.